Thursday 21 February 2008

PvP Gearing for a Resto Druid

I've been doing some calculations regarding the Honor-bought gear available, and enchants for them. The reason why I started doing that was a discussion I had with the GM of one of the realms leading PvP Guilds, and the gear requirements imposed on me to reach Trial there. To make a long story short: I want to get max resil in shortest amount of time.

I did some evaluations on how much Resilience I could get into each slot, divided by 1k of Honor. I use this value as a guideline when choosing what to buy next. And this is what I came up with.

The best Resilience per 1000 Honor (Rp1kH, neat shorthand, eh?) value is received from Sergeant's Heavy Cape. It gives 2,12 Rp1kH, and with a price tag of just 7,548 honor and a few dozen AB marks, it's a nice buy. Of course it gives just 16 Resilience, but the whole idea is to compare that to the price, not go for the largest upgrade. I will upgrade it with the Stealth enchant, which sets me back a reasonable 70 Gold or so.

The next items on the list is the Gloves from Season 1, with a Rp1kH value of 2,10. Again, the price is also quite low, just 10,500, and I actually already have them. Add Major Healing enchant for a price of 200 Gold for mats, and my hands are pretty nice and effective.

The third item on the list is Season 1 Legguards, with a Rp1kH value of 2,00, and a tag of 14,500 honor. A bit steep price, I'd say, but the numbers speak for themselves. The Golden Spellthread needed to finalize them is not cheap either, and should set me back some 300 Gold.

Here's the full chart of the Rp1kH values, for a Restoration Druid. Not quite sure about the weapons at this point, and Wrists, Waist and Feet are missing, and I'll calculate them later.

Sergeant's Heavy Cape 2,119767
Gladiator's Kodohide Gloves 2,095238
Gladiator's Kodohide Legguards 2
Gladiator's Kodohide Helm 1,931034
Veteran's Band of Salvation 1,843472
Gladiator's Kodohide Tunic 1,793103
Gladiator's Kodohide Spaulders 1,777778
Gladiator's Reprieve 1,666667
Talisman of the Horde 1,481481
Vindicator's Band of Salvation 1,437908
Medallion of the Horde 1,177648
Vindicator's Pendant of Salvation 1,176471
Gladiator's Salvation 0,714286
Gladiator's Idol of Tenacity 0,125


Well, I hope this will be of some use to someone else as well. I actually have a more inventive comparison of the Gear, which involves a balanced comparison value including price, +Healing and +Mp5 values, but as I said, I need my Resilience up a.s.a.p.

No comments: