Tuesday 5 February 2008

New Beginnings

I am starting this blog to keep track of my project in World of Warcraft: to become competent in PvP. I am by no means a newbie by now, having played the game since the European launch in early 2005, but I have never participated in PvP, bar some random outdoors battles and a few battleground runs every now and then. As of writing this, I have never set my virtual hoof in Arenas, nor have I ever visited Eye of the Storm, either.

My faction is Horde, the race Tauren, and class of choice is Druid. Having played a Druid earlier in PvE, back before the Burning Crusade, the class feels good and I particularly enjoy healing. It is a versatile class, and at the moment it is very potent class in PvP, as far as I've understood. Some even say it is the best PvP healer right now.

I started this project in early December on a new toon, on a new realm. I am currently at level 65, with crappy gear, a mixed resto/feral build, and a whole lot of ambition. My mate is at level 62 with his Mage, and we both have some 10k honor and a bunch of BG tokens stashed away, waiting for us to ding the big seven-o. By that time I hope to have close to 100k available for immediate re-gearing, to get us started with our Arena project.

By now our aim should be clear to everyone. We intend to level up and build up some Honor on the way. Then we are going to get some basic, entry level epics for PvP. Hook up a 2vs2 for starters, and start learning. While the main objective of this blog is to keep a few of my mates informed with our progress, I will occasionally rant about other issues as well.

I like to rant.

So Moo! to you, too. And I hope to see you again.

No comments: