Thursday 6 March 2008

Arena notes


Arena Preparation
Originally uploaded by swiftmend
I cannot really call myself an Arena veteran yet, as I have only play a few dozen matches. But there are some general issues that I've noticed.

One thing is stealth. When ever both teams are involved in stealth, it is quite usual for the first team that looses that advantage to also end up loosing the round. Maybe your healer (that's me!) has to pop out of Prowl to lay down some healing love, or maybe your opponent fins where your Rogue is lurking... the result seems to be chaos and mayhem all alike.

Silences are also of vital importance. Cycloning a target at the right time can have just as devastating effects as myself getting Silenced. When done at the right time... especially when playing with a Warrior that loves to Execute... it can really turn the tide.

I have to say, after coming across another Druid/Warrior combo, that I can understand why people fuss about it being overpowered. We were at a major gear disadvantage in the fight, and thus did not really stand much of a chance, but it was a great motivator to see how immensly powerful the combination can be once properly geared.

No comments: